Wedding Theme

| On
Thursday, October 15, 2015


Creating my wedding style was not an easy task.  I like too many things.  It was settled a long time ago that we were going to get married on Oct 03, 2015.  I naturally like to keep with seasons, colors and themes.  Season?  End of summer/beginning fall.  Colors? Blush, merlot w/ pops of gold. Theme? Rustic southern charm.  Why did I choose these options?  Besides the obvious reasons that I love these options, it was tasteful for our venue, highlights our families styles and tones bounced off beautifully with an late day/evening wedding.  Creating a relaxing, simple but elegant wedding was very important to my vision because it portrays Greg and I as a couple.  To create your ideal wedding or event here are some tips that helped me in planning my nuptials.

  • Once you choose a date, don't stray too far away from seasonal themes.  Why?  Finding flowers out of season and color will be more difficult and more expensive.  Too much contrast of your overall vision can become an eyesore.  Example, a snowy winter wedding with bright orange and fuscia colors could look very tacky.  NOT ALL THE TIME!  Don't get me wrong, if you can win the battle with a funky, cool and eclectic wedding that nails a snowy wedding with bright pink, HATS OFF TO YOU!  Just know that you can never go wrong with in season themes because it feels natural and photographs beautifully.  

  • When your picking colors for your event, YOU NEED A NEUTRAL.  Unless you are going for a colorful circus wedding (which by the way I have seen and they are awesome) neutrals balance your pop of colors.  Think of your neutrals as your hardwood floor and your colors are the furniture.  TIP: Go to the paint section of a hardware store and gather four color cards that meet your wants and BAM you have your color scheme.  
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9